The purpose of this brain blog is to inspire,

educate and share. The ideal way to share the nonsense or rationale that flows

through your brain is to write it down.




Go ahead, try it.





Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cast of Characters

Genuinely intriguing people are my fav. I wonder what goes on in that head of theirs…people who march to the beat of their own drum, guitar or didgeridoo are striking in their ability to chase their dreams, do as they please and set their own standards for what is fun, practical and even normal. I admire the freedom with which  live and I enjoy joining in the fun from time to time…It’s a treat to come across such individuals and through my travels, friendships and adventures I have had the pleasure of doing just that. Every now and then I’d like to introduce you to some of them. These are people who I find to be truly inspired by what they love and their passion is evident in their everyday lives. Since I live in the 305, I thought it would be appropriate to introduce you to one who does as well.

Meet Tamara Aida Diaz…Tammy, Tambo… call her what you will, a rose by any other name, she’s like the love child of Edie Sedgwick and Rainbow Bright…. She’s the first subject of my character exploration project. She is an artist by vocation, visionary, coolhunter, writer/blogger, photographer, fashion stylist and -model for fun. Get into her brain at www.tambonation.blogspot.com. Proceed with caution and be prepared to enter a world of color, light, creativity and fantastic nuttiness.

To pick her brain I asked her a few questions I thought would be fun to answer and read…here we go.

  1. What elements of nature inspire you?
The weather is the element of nature that is most important to me and that has a lot to do with what I'm wearing of course! So, earmuffs and gloves vs. bikinis and sunglasses... I love it all, its the changes in it that are so interesting. This is one of my fav things about NATURE! Think about erosion! How we work around the elements to keep warm or stay fresh. ;) I'm a huge lover of nature, I am inspired by the colors and textures of it too... I love the sky, the clouds, and the variations of colors! The details in a shell, the stripes in a zebra! But more than what I simply see with my eyes is the feeling to the touch... the soft sand running through your fingers when you grab a handful or diving into the water when its a bit chilly, rolling down a hill of grass, walking through a field against the wind, you get the point. Sensitize yourself, its really inspiring.

2. Glitter or sequins?
I've always loved glitter because its fine and it gets everywhere! haha It's really funny when you had glitter on your face and it gets on the boys you kissed forehead or cheek and you don't even tell him so that every time it catches the light u can sort of be happy about it LOL. Its like an Amelie (the movie) thing. Sequins are so awesome too though, they remind me of the 80's, and boy do I get a kick out of tacky shit! :)

3. Life has a soundtrack…what song would be playing during your birth? And your death?

This is a hard question. I'm gona have to say Ohm for both LOL. I cant give any song all that credit to define me, I am too many things. Its not a song but that sound will do for now.
 
4. Is there a profession you wish you could dedicate yourself to but can’t, won’t or are afraid to?

I want to be a coolhunter! I want to travel and take pictures of places and things to inspire people! I want to get hired by design teams that send me away somewhere and say "Come back with whatever YOU SEE to INSPIRE us!" Then I would make a presentation about it, with collages and images and research galore, all organized and then we would talk about the direction that we should take... so lets pick these colors,,,, etc... I'd be so happy doing that! Its sort of like fashion forecasting, I've had a knack for that my whole life since I studied fashion design and that was my fav part... the mood boards! I'm not afraid, I just need to figure out how to get there! I was going to work for Zara in Spain and went through I dont know how many interviews to get that position where I would be working along side THAT lady and then I decided to go back to school and study Visual Arts here in Miami. Who knows if that was the wrong choice.

5. Book that changed you somehow?
 I have tried to get into books, I haven't found MY book yet. I read a lot on websites bc i can click and click into whatever it is I want to know instead of feel like I'm wasting time reading about some fairy tale when actually, I'm already living one. -I'm a magazine-aholic.

6. Best concert you’ve been to?
I went to thousands of concerts my whole life because my father was in the music industry. They were a part of life for me always, like no biggie. Meeting lots of famous people, Cris Martin jumped on my dad bc of how excited he was to see him! hahaha! My father was a singer in the 60's in Spain, a revolutionary. He makes me really proud. My mother was an actress in the 80's, shows why I am the way I am a bit. So, fav concert... I'm gona have to go with BASSNECTAR at the Fillmore, Miami Beach... it blew my mind! The lighting really complimented the show!! I fell in love with the ugliest man alive! LOL you should really see this guy! He is all hair! Like a cousin IT! He was sooo good at what he does that I saw right through what he looked like and just saw his AMAZING talent and that's all through him spinning records! My dad would prob be pissed bc their are no instruments!!! ;)

7. Dream dinner with company, menu and setting?
Dream dinner, Oooo I like this question! Ive been wanting to have an Alice in Wonderland like picnic! Like all best friends, blankets, music, wine n cheese type deal. WE NEED THE KOOKY OUTFITS TOO! (Like the boys are dandys pls). I love tapas, I love to share! I like little bites of things and the delicious combinations we all can make to share with each other... its cheap too! Its just all about good company and laughs and being outside, heaven.

8. Personal motto?
Apart from staying true to myself, I keep telling myself to keep aiming for my dreams and to BE HAPPY. It's not always that simple, is it? I'm a bit bonkers so I regret not having more discipline in my life, but then I wouldn't be me anymore, would it? I'm working on that.

9. I want to be a back-up singer for…
I don't want to be a back-up singer! hahaha if I did wana be a singer I think I would be one!!! My family loves to sing, I love to dance. Hold up, they love to dance too!

10. What is it about art? How did you fall in love with it?
ART is the only thing that keeps me going! It's what makes me excited. I think I am a work of art... lol. I don't know how I fell in love with it, but I know I will NEVER EVER STOP LOVING IT.

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. this is the most amazing thing! so fun to look abck and read! thanks so much Texa! and thanks for coming to my installation at Awarehouse... it was so nice to see YOU there! Just reminiscing LOVE U!
    -I should come up with some questions for u to answer... would u??

    MY NAME'S TEXA
    GOT NO PRESSURE !

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..Tambo..I'd love to! You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete