The purpose of this brain blog is to inspire,

educate and share. The ideal way to share the nonsense or rationale that flows

through your brain is to write it down.




Go ahead, try it.





Friday, July 15, 2011

I don't eat pork...

I have a question.  
Have you been to Pubbelly on South Beach? If the answer is yes, log off…you already know. If the answer is no…welcome to heaven. There are few things I don’t eat…I was raised to eat EVERYTHING on my plate, I had no choice. Thankfully, my mother’s disdain for broccoli and cauliflower saved me from some serious arguments with the ‘rents. The one thing I haven’t had luck with is “gamey” meats. I don’t like the after taste, it’s a personal thing. However, I make exceptions when it comes to pork…I love chorizo, sausages and jamon Serrano, but DO NOT expect me to eat pork chops, pork shoulder or pork belly….err, that is until I had the pleasure of eating at Pubbelly.

This restaurant is a jem, It’s really a must-go. They offer a great range of dishes like bacon wrapped scallops and to-die-for brussel sprouts. The crispy snapper salad was gone in minutes and the wine selection is very decent. The service is great and the ambiance is better, it’s what’s known as a gastro pub. It’s a casual, loud open kitchen pub with a not-so-casual menu. Shared with a group of really fun friends, it’s sure to be a great night. Check out the link below….http://www.bubbelly.com/ Oh, did I mention the bacon brownie sundae? It sounds crazy….it’s not. Go try it, go.

“I can tell you why God did not want me to like bell peppers. It’s necessary that there is something I do not like.” – Chef Ferran Adria

No comments:

Post a Comment